The Brazilian landmark, located in Porto Meira, was inaugurated in 1903, and its authors were Marechal Cândido Rondon and Dionísio Cerqueira. The Argentine landmark is on the banks of the Iguaçu River and the Paraguayan landmark is on the right bank of the Paraná River.
The three, also painted with the national colors, form an equilateral triangle that fixes the territorial limit and the sovereignty of the three countries. The landmark of the three frontiers was visited by the Prestes Column.
Although obvious, there are two rivers: Iguaçu, which makes the border between Brazil and Argentina and Paraná, which divides Paraguay from the other two.
In 2016, the Three Frontiers Framework went through a revitalization where the space was enlarged and received a new attraction, the Cabeza de Vaca Memorial in honor of the Spaniard Álvaro Nunez Cabeza de Vaca, the first white man to pass by.
In addition to this new attraction, the place now also has Cabeza de Vaca Restaurant, Children's playground, Show of lights and waters, cultural shows and a scenic village of the Jesuit Missions.